*ON SALE* Eco Travel Pouch/Napkin (Upcycled Mayan Fabric)
We bought too many of the eco travel pouch! We’re offering this great product at a great price to help get it off our shelves and into your hands…
- The blue napkin is made from repurposed cotton, naturally dyed using Mayan indigo from El Salvador and Guatemala
- The pockets are made from upcycled Indigenous Mayan cotton textiles. They come in seven different patterns, from five different Mayan communities (see “options” below for more details). Each community has their own distinctive pattern and colours, which are related to their stories and customs.
- Made at an Indigenous Mayan women’s cooperative in Guatemala where the artisans are trained and paid a fair wage. Additionally, they receive workshops on nutrition, domestic violence, and valuing their work as women.
- Can also be used as a (reusable and washable) napkin!
- Custom designed for up to 2 people – two smaller pockets (each for a reusable drinking straw) and one larger pocket that can hold up to two wood sporks
- Exclusive to Ahimsa Eco, the fair trade eco travel pouch is made from upcycled fabrics that has been diverted from landfill and will not bleed colour when washed. However, to preserve the beautiful and vibrant colours, we recommend hand washing in cold water with a mild detergent.
- Lightweight, strong, and durable
- If you would like a specific pattern, please indicate in your order which one(s) you would like.
- NOTE: These are small squares cut from a much larger textile; as such, pouches from the same fabric will vary. Your eco travel pouch may differ from the photo shown for the pattern that you select.
- Sporks and straws are sold separately but may be purchased together as part of our zero waste travel kit, which includes an upcycled coconut wood spork, sustainably harvested bamboo straw, cleaning brush, and upcycled eco travel pouch!