Hair Mineral Analysis
Hair Mineral Analysis (HMA) is a screening test to measure the levels of up to 60 essential minerals and toxic metals. With correct testing and interpretation, one can construct a comprehensive metabolic proﬁle of the human body. As hair grows it forms a permanent record of the body’s nutritional deﬁciencies or excesses. This test is also suitable for children.
Minerals screened include calcium, magnesium, sodium, potassium and phosphorus and trace minerals – copper, manganese, chromium, selenium, iron, molybdenum, lithium, cobalt, and zinc.
Toxic metals screened include lead, mercury, cadmium, arsenic, nickel, and aluminum.
How It Works
Sample Requirement: A maximum collection of 1.5 inches of new hair growth.
1. We will mail you the Hair Mineral Analysis Kit.
2. Collect your hair sample by following the instructions provided within the kit.
3. Use the pre-addressed envelope included within your kit to mail your hair sample.
4. Receive your report and schedule a consultation with a practitioner.
Hair is an excellent biopsy material. It is easy to sample, easily preserved/transported, represents a soft tissue of the body, while being storage and eliminative tissue. As hair grows it forms a permanent record of the body’s nutritional deficiencies or excesses. This information, along with dietary and nutritional evaluations, will provide the basis of establishing and maintaining optimal levels of wellness. By correcting tissue mineral levels and ratios with proper diet, supplementary nutrients, and lifestyle modifications, physical and behavioural health conditions may be prevented or reversed.
Elevated Readings Can Have Different Meanings Depending Upon:
1. The symptomatology of the patient.
2. The elevated concentration of the mineral in question.
3. Whether a specific treatment, regimen or diet is being followed.
4. Relationships to other elemental readings.
Health Problems Associated:
• ADD/ ADHD (Hyperactivity) • Autism • Allergies • Alzheimers • Anxiety • Arthritis • Arteriosclerosis • Blood Sugar Imbalances • Depression • Digestive Disorders • Headaches (including Migraines) • Hair Loss • Heart Failure • High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) • Weight Loss Inability • Infertility and Miscarriage • Insomnia • Learning Disabilities • Lethargy (Fatigue) • Muscle Weakness • Osteoporosis • Parkinson’s Disease
High levels of toxic metals inhibit the body’s ability to process and assimilate specific nutritional elements that are essential to good health and have a proven link to many types of diseases.
Hair vs. Blood Analysis
• Research shows that trace minerals and metals are accumulated at concentrations that are 10-50% higher in hair
• Blood and urine tests give an instantaneous reading that may be affected by many factors. Urine screening is the most effective tool in measuring the progress of detoxification/chelation treatments
• Hair analysis gives a long term reading that is unaffected by recent meals, activities such as exercise, or emotional states
• Toxic metals rarely remain in the blood or urine for long, but often deposit in the hair where they can be measured over a three month period
Information is only meant for educational purposes. It is not meant as medical advice and any treatment decisions should be made with the knowledge or consent of your healthcare professional. The personal information you provide is necessary to provide a thorough analysis. The information will be stored confidently and used only for the purpose of analyzing your specimen. Samples are processed by our accredited partner medical laboratory.