Hand Embroidered Tapestry - My Children and I in Sham El Nessim
- Hand embroidered tapestry titled My Children and I in Sham El Nessim, on a mauve background of handwoven textile
- 100% Egyptian cotton
- Approx. 30 x 22 cm / 11.8" x 8.7"
- Embroidered by Samira Israel, an artist from Akhmim rural village in Upper Egypt
- Each tapestry is one of a kind
- Fair trade
- Fulfillment and shipment from Canada
The ArtisansThe Akhmim project is one of the development initiatives of the Association of Upper Egypt for Education and Development (AUEED). This project gives the opportunity for girls and women to perpetuate a 4000 years old local textile industry by allowing them to weave traditional products and revive Coptic and Islamic designs from the region dating back to the 3rd century AD.